Andrew Jean-Baptiste (National Team and Pro Player)
BRENTWOOD SOCCER CLUB
US U18 and U20 – FHF Men’s Team
Andrew Jean-Baptiste is a true Brentwood Soccer product. Having played soccer since age 5 for Brentwood Youth Soccer Club, he has developed into a well-recognized elite player throughout his youth career and beyond. Andrew, a State and Regional ODP selected player, made the US National Team U-18 team and a member of the U20 pool. Andrew participated in tournaments in the Lisbon International tournament and the prestigious Northern Ireland Milk Cup.
Andrew, a Brentwood High School and Youth National standout, had accumulated the following awards and achievements:
- Suffolk County, Long Island Champions-Brentwood HS (2008, 2009)
- ESPN RISE FAB 50 National Champion (2008)
- NYSHHSAA Champion-Brentwood HS (2008)
- US Soccer Federation Development Academy-Starting XI -National (2010)
- NSCAA/Adidas Boys High School All-American Team (2009)
- New York State Player of the Year and All-State First Team (2009)
- ESP Adidas Camp-All Star Team (2009)
- Suffolk County All county and All Long Island Awards-Brentwood High School (2008, 2009)
- Brentwood HS Boys Soccer Varsity Team Captain (2008, 2009)
- Super Y League ODP National (2007)
- Olympic Development Program Selection to represent Eastern New York and Region I in various tournaments including international trips (2006,2007).
Andrew was highly recruited by some of the top DI schools in the country. He, however, selected the University of Connecticut where he continued to stand out under the leadership of Ray Reid, a former Brentwood youth product. During the first two college seasons, Andrew received awards both as a Freshman and a Sophomore.
- 2011 Big East Defensive Player of the Year, Big East First Team (Sophomore)
- 2011 NSCAA All-Region First Team (Sophomore)
- 2011 Soccer America Second Team MVP (Sophomore)
- 2010 All-Freshmen All-America First Team (Freshman)
Following his success at the collegiate level, 19 years old Andrew was selected in the first round of the MLS Super Draft as the #8 overall by the Portland Timbers where, as a Center Back, he played 31 games and recorded 2 goals and an assist. Andrew also played for Chivas and NY Redbulls before he went to play for the Swedish and Malaysian sides where he helped the team win Malaysia Cup. As a pro, he is also the recipient of the following honors:
- MLS Team of the Week (Starting XI)
- MLS Top 16 ranking 24 Under 24
Andrew currently plays for the Canadian Premier League and the Haitian National Men’s team, with his contributions to a solid defensive performance, reached the Semi-Final of the CONCACAF 2019 Gold Cup.
Brentwood Youth Soccer Club is immensely proud of its own Andrew Jean-Baptiste.